Neyland Stadium Master Plan
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
In association with McCarty Holsaple McCarty, Architects
The Master Plan for Neyland Stadium at the University of Tennessee creates a comprehensive long range plan for improvements to all areas of the Stadium focusing on the needs of the student-athletes, Tennessee supporters, coaches, staff and university students.
The Master Plan will improve athletic facilities and infrastructure, recognizing and building on the qualities unique to Tennessee. Implementation of the Master Plan will enhance the quality of experience of the student athlete and the Knoxville community at large.
The process included a Facilities Inspection Report of the existing conditions of Neyland Stadium with proposed maintenance items and was released in an associated document on July 20th, 2004, and subsequently amended September 22nd, 2004.
The Master Plan presents development and improvement options for many areas of the stadium as “Design Components” for implementation as funding becomes available. Some of the needs that will be addressed include: (Note, order does not indicate priority.)
· Site improvements at entry gates, ticketing, and adjacent circulation.
· Stadium aesthetic improvements of the existing structure, entries, and concourses.
· Modernize fan amenities such as concourse width, toilets, first aid and concessions.
· Vertical circulation improvements for ingress and egress.
· Investigate revenue opportunities through club seating and sponsorship.